While overturned waste containers and raided fruit trees are just a nuisance to homeowners, it can cost several thousand dollars to repair damage caused by the use of attic space as dens
Give us a call and we will devise a custom plan for your location!
- The original habitats of the raccoon are deciduous and mixed forests, but due to their adaptability they have extended their range to mountainous areas, coastal marshes, and urban areas, where some homeowners consider them to be pests.
- Raccoons are noted for their intelligence, with studies showing that they are able to remember the solution to tasks for up to three years.
- Though usually nocturnal, the raccoon is sometimes active in daylight to take advantage of available food sources.
- Due to its adaptability, the raccoon has been able to use urban areas as a habitat because a large number of additional sleeping areas exist in these areas, such as hollows in old garden trees, cottages, garages, abandoned houses, and attics.
- Raccoons can carry rabies, a lethal disease caused by the neurotropic rabies virus carried in the saliva and transmitted by bites.